Saturday, May 20, 2006




I think a high percentage of the low number of people reading this here blog don't really have a sense of where my new home is... or even where Taos is! (For a better idea of where Taos is, you're on your own.... it's not that hard to figure out) The land that Christina and I are slowly turning into our home and headquarters is approximately ten miles west of the town of Taos, just over the Rio Grande Gorge bridge. (The bridge, by the way, is the second tallest in the U.S., at 650 feet from roadway to water... That's more than twice the height of the Golden Gate.)

Check out the custom maps above for a better idea. Didn't I promise to post maps like these a long time ago???

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey man, can you link these to bigger versions like the other pix on the blog? I'd love to be able to expand them to get a closer look and read your captions.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Robox said...

Anonymous-
There must be something funny going on with your connection, browser, etc. These pics are linked to bigger versions, just like the rest.
Good luck!
Christian

9:23 AM  
Blogger Joel Jennings said...

Been reading your blog for a while now ever since you posted on the Diesel Truck Resource list. Anyway...I drove through Taos and over the bridge just a few months back on my wau home from Santa Fe. And I thought to myself, "This is a pretty darn cool spot on the face of the ol' earth."

For further explorations, sometime, get up into the San Luis Valley of Colorado. There, you'll find the REALLY big Sangre de Cristo mountains, the Great Sand Dunes, and lots of Potatos and Barley.

Oh...and I enjoy your blog.

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home