Sunday, May 14, 2006



Is it possible that you faithful readers are tired of pictures of forklifts? Well, if you're anything like me, you can't get enough of pictures of forklifts! So, in the absence of any evidence to the contrary, I'll just assume you love them as much as I do!

I can say that the learning curve out here, where pavement is scarce, can be high. Sometimes it takes two or three times longer to do simple things. And sometimes the things that worked great back in LA don't work here at all. That was the case with the forklift I brought out here. I thought it would work great.... after all it worked great in LA, even in a mud puddle. But it was no match for the dirt and dust, so I had to go to Phoenix and get the beauty pictured here.

It's a 1969 Otis-Baker-York, gasoline engine, 5000 lb capacity. Manufactured by the Otis Elevator Company! It fits in perfectly with my stable of funky, old, high-maintenance equipment.

The skid-loader in the background is not mine, but I wish it were. Those things are really fun. I'm thinking about some kind of wacky quick-attachmnet scenario for this lift whereby I can put on a loader bucket or a post-hole digger and sort of convert it into a skid-loader. We'll see about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home