Thursday, April 27, 2006





Some more things I love about Taos...

Sunsets like that one are just not that unusual. Really.

Christina's dog Tatou.... in my hat. She's a sweetie, and a real mama's girl.

And most of all, Christina. And how about that machine she's standing in front of? That's at a very strange junkyard in Manassa, Colorado, not far from Taos. We could never find the proprietor, so we just walked around his yards. I think I'll be going back there soon.

So after dropping the containers onto the land and then spending a day or two working on the land (starting to put up a fence) I took the train back to LA. Meanwhile, Christina got the process of getting the electricity run out to our land started. I loaded the new forklift onto the new trailer and put a few other things that I had to unload from the containers onto my truck and headed back to Taos. I spent two days in Taos helping Christina pick up her new Power Hammer, then took the (damn) train back to LA again. I picked up a 22ft rental truck and loaded it pretty damn full of more stuff that had to come out of the containers. In fact, I went to a truck scale before leaving LA and learned that my gross vehicle weight was 30,780 pounds, putting me 4,780 pounds past the rated load capacity of the truck and the legal limit for driving without a Commercial Driver's License. Needless to say, I observed the speed limit and avoided all weigh stations. I unloaded the truck in the wind and dust and then returned it. Sounds like fun, huh?

But the good news is that I've actually moved enough stuff to Taos now that I'm actually under no time pressure to go back to LA. I've still got probably two more trips (at least) to go, but all that stuff is in low-cost storage, so the pressure is off.

For the first time, I actually feel like I live in Taos. Wow. I moved.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh sweet dusty nectar, 'yer here.

I don't want to steal Ristow's thunder or anything but I hope you all know that those are just set props from the lobster commercial. They did some little fake containers out of foam and put metal shavings in them. Really, Im here in Taos and he has three shoeboxes full of matchbox cars sitting out in the sage.

Its sad but we love him anyway and are so glad he is here,

Thomas

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

....and any idea what christina is standing next to?

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home